Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wednesday of recovery

I'm home. Thanks to everyone for all the positive support, prayers and well wishes. You guys are great!

First the minutes of this meeting:

The body is pretty amazing system, its really complex and really resilient. If I didn't already have one, I'd get one. My thoughts are with Gene and his family some, but I will have to deal with that more later, (personally)

Review: I have read the details of many of these surgeries and its amazing how different most of the accounts are.... Just suffice to say, if i rendered all the details down you would find the differences are; hospital practices, nurses, cardiologist, surgeon, equipment, and the person's physical, emotional and mental makeup. Otherwise the paint colors seem similar in the halls.

Upon arriving home I did walk around the house and think of a heart that wasn't giving me what I needed and it now pumping 100%. It was kinda exciting but I have tried not to let these expectations, well, become expectations. I did however box up my previous energetic life and give it to Paula for Christmas, in hopes that was what I was giving her this year.

A few details for this entry. It turns out the valve I was born with, was bicuspid, instead of tricuspid, the aortic root aneurysm (dilation) a normal byproduct of the bicuspid valve. That means it was a birth defect that gets worse over time as the lips of the valve curl back.

I have it on my key ring if you ever want to see it...

2 comments:

Pattiwrites said...

HURRAH. what a great post. So good to have you on the road to recovery, Mark. I look forward to once again golfing with my favorite coach in 2009. Love to you and Paula, and I'm waiting for instructions on errand duty,grocery shopping, prescription pick up and delivery - anything. Keep getting better every day.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you both while I've been away in Houston. Just returned to Dallas yesterday... Can't wait to see you guys and check in on the patient myself.
Love, "Dr." Wilson