Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reschedule?

We lost a dear friend this week. His funeral ended up being scheduled for this Saturday, the day after my surgery. I was torn about the surgery vs the funeral. His widow wanted me to deliver a eulogy and I felt compelled to do it.

My first discussion with the surgeon's super admin, Vicky, made me feel that it was of course up to me and they would do whatever, except the surgeon was off for the rest of the year and my reschedule would have to be the following week. Paula needed to be back at work and I really didn't want to delay...or pay another deductible for 2009 that would end up being wasted (long story).

In the end I had a friend video my eulogy, to be played at the funeral, and lots of my family will represent us. I will be there in image and spirit. So, I hurried down to the hospital for the pre-op tests.

Oh ya, Vicky did get my requested anesthesiologist scheduled for my procedure! Another reason I didn't want to reschedule.

No comments: