Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Choosing a Surgeon

My Cardiologist had Dr. Platt visit with me right after my TEE. He was nice enough, and very patient with my million questions. I felt like I knew pretty much what I needed to know then, and of course I would do a lot more research on him, the procedure, the valve etc.

As I began to cast around for input on Dr. Platt I also added another name of a well know surgeon here in town that does some newer or more complicated procedures. It seemed that one was a star, the other was solid team player. As I or my wife talked to various people it became increasingly apparent that you want a solid team player. A guy you can count on when the going gets tough. That's Dr Platt. The surgery is relatively simple, but I want him there if things don't go as planned. Kinda like picking an auto insurance company...you pick the one that's good at claims, not at sending you calendars and cards on your birthday.

No comments: