Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pre-op tests

Merry Christmas!

This past Tuesday, December 23rd I headed back to the hospital for more tests.

You can make an appointment but it isn't necessary. We did call ahead to see how busy they were...which they weren't. I arrived, checked in, got blood work, an EKG and a chest x-ray in about 45 minutes! I have seen emergency rooms with very few people there go slower than that!

My hospital has valet parking and a Starbucks, along with live Christmas performers in the lobby. I got music, great service, a decaf latte and my car brought around for me...sweet!

No-one called me to tell me I passed customs or whatever so I guess I am ok.

Report at 5:00 am tomorrow, Friday, for surgery at 7:30.

1 comment:

Pattiwrites said...

Dude, you've got Father Bruce and the entire Catholic contingent wishing you Godspeed and speedy recovery. I know everything will go as smoothly as possible tomorrow. Come on, look at who you have pulling for you from the great Beyond. Gene and Tim and George -- with a team like that, you should be able to do the marathon when you're done.

You are so loved by so many people. And I love that you got your happy juice guy. I look forward to the "on the road to recovery" part of the blog. You'll do great.