Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Anesthesiologist

As I was researching the surgeons, I also received a recommendation for an anesthesiologist. Now my thoughts on this are probably a little paranoid but...

Most of time when I see people post-op its the anesthesia that seems to cause the most lasting discomfort. Nausea, constipation, headaches, some lasting weeks. I also learned that the anesthesiologist doesn't just plug you into the juice and disconnect you at the end...their job is to continuously adjust the stuff to keep you right in the sweet spot of minimal juice while making sure you don't wake up screaming. Its kind of an art form.

Picking a good anesthesiologist apparently is pretty important so I call my surgeon's office to request the guy thats been recommended to me...

Before I can even plead my case my surgeon's admin says no. We cant do that...no requests. So I then I plead my case and she asks who I want, I tell her and suddenly she seems to agree he is a great choice, the surgeon would love to work with him and she would see what she could do!?

Of course she assured me they only use really good people but they are on a rotation and of course it is the day after Christmas. So I am not sure yet who I am going to get...more work to do on this front...

No comments: