Friday, December 19, 2008

Preparing for Surgery

My procedure is scheduled for the 26th. The day after Christmas.

I received a call from my Cardiologist also following up on the Cardiac CT. He echoed that this didn't change anything and he is sure there isn't anything more we need to do while I am laying there with my chest cracked open. I asked if there was anything we should be looking for while we're in there that might be part of the heart attack issue. His response is that we "need to close the book on those" they were an anomaly. Easy for him to say.

If the front wheel fell off your car out on the highway for no definable reason and the mechanic later said don't worry about it...would you worry about it?

Anyway, I get some anti germ soap to bathe with leading up to the surgery as well as some nasal gel to kill stuff in my nose. I guess the least sterile thing in that room will be me so I need to "scrub" as well.

We have canceled our trip to OKC for Christmas because those kids carry germs that I am not resistant to...I am very concerned about catching another cold right before surgery.

I think I am ready.

No comments: