Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday January, 7th Pills

I am no longer enjoying the profuse sweating that was occurring all the time...it was like my thermostat was off kilter. The Surgeon (who answered his phone btw) had some quick recommendations, including more pills of course. We slept together (Paula and I, not the surgeon) on the sofa Tuesday night as the power was off...we were really camping then...

Pills- just for fun, and my medical friends, lets look at all this stuff:

Aspirin therapy - ongoing
Lasix - for running the Kentucky Derby or getting fluids out...
Potassium - just in case you lose too many minerals peeing like Secretariat.
Nexium for my tummy
Toprol to stabilize the heart, prevent future complications
Amiodarone - to really really stabilize the heart rhythm short term
Rampril- to lower blood pressure
Crestor-another statin for me to try, especially good at protecting the valve.

I am beginning to reduce the quantity per day...

I worked my way through my bowl of pills this morning in the time it took to write this.

Paula headed to work today, I am headed for the sofa...

2 comments:

Pattiwrites said...

It's Thursday afternoon...where's blogger boy?

Michael Furrh said...

Hey Paula and Mark,
Sleeping on the couch that's my life to. Why are our beds so uncomfortable to us when we need them most in our times of need. It's so painful to sleep in our own beds / that sux. I will be thinking of you and praying for both of our recoveries.
Take care your friend
Michael